From my friend over at Jennifer’s Cooking, Jennifer has recently received a new DSLR, and her pictures are just gorgeous! I drew inspiration from her newly posted Sesame Peanut Noodles, and decided to make some Peanut Noodles with Chicken, Cabbage, and Peppers.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz of chicken breast, chopped into bite size pieces
- 8 oz of cooked spaghetti, drained
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 1/4 head of green cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 bell pepper (I used an orange bell pepper), chopped
- 3-4 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Cilantro leaves to garnish
Season the chicken breast cubes with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tbsp of the oilve oil in a pan and brown the chicken over medium heat until cooked through.
Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Add the other tbsp of olive oil to the pan, and add the chopped shallot, and pepper to the pan. Saute until the shallot is soft, about 5 minutes. Add the cabbage to the pan and heat and turn until wilted.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add the peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, walnut oil, soy sauce and red pepper flakes, and whisk together until smooth. Toss the noodles and the sauce with the chicken and the cabbage mixture.
Garnish with cilantro leaves.